SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 23, 2012
This Agenda was posted on or before Friday, August 17, 2012 at 5:00 p.m., at 1200 W. Seventh Street in the Main Lobby, as well as the 1st Floor Lobby. Copies of this Agenda will be available at the Records Department on the 2nd floor at the Garland Center.
THE GARLAND CENTER
1200 W. 7th Street, 1st Floor Auditorium
Los Angeles, California
Board meeting to consider Agenda Items
Governing Board Members
Nelson Rising, Chairman
Mee Semcken, Vice Chair
Timothy McOsker, Board Member
Christine Essel, Chief Executive Officer
Accommodations such as sign language interpretation and translation services can be provided upon 72 hours notice. Contact Sharron Hasley @ (213) 977-1758.
Rules for Public Participation have been provided on the reverse side of this page.
OF JULY 19, 2012 AND AUGUST 2, 2012 SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES.
2. CENTRAL NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH FOUNDATION LAND USE APPROVAL – NON-MONETARY ACTION. DISCRETIONARY LAND USE ACTION APPROVING A MEDICAL FACILITY USE WITHIN AN INDUSTRIAL AREA, LOCATED AT 2614 S. GRAND AVENUE IN THE COUNCIL DISTRICT NINE CORRIDORS RECOVERY REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT AREA (SD2; CD9)
CRA/LA-DLA Staff: Jenny Scanlin / Josh Rohmer / Elizabeth
3. LEGAL NONCONFORMING LAND USE APPROVAL – NON-MONETARY ACTION. DISCRETIONARY LAND USE ACTION APPROVING THE ADDITION TO A LEGAL NONCONFORMING SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENCE WITHIN A COMMERCIAL AREA, LOCATED AT 307 W. 95TH STREET IN THE BROADWAY MANCHESTER RECOVERY REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT AREA (SD 2; CD8)
CRA/LA-DLA Staff: Barron McCoy / Elizabeth Carvajal
4. PATH – LOAN RESTRUCTURING. RESTRUCTURE TWO RESIDUAL RECEIPTS LOANS TO PEOPLE ASSISTING THE HOMELESS (PATH); WAIVE DUE ON SALE CLAUSE AND RECONVEY DEED OF TRUST ON PROPERTY AT 5105 WEST 20TH STREET, LOS ANGELES; RECORD NEW AFFORDABILITY COVENANT ON CHINATOWN METRO APARTMENTS (SD2; CD10)
CRA/LA-DLA Staff: Jenny Scanlin
: Jenny Scanlin
ON THE STATUS OF THE TRANSFER OF HOUSING ASSETS, FUNCTIONS AND OBLIGATIONS TO
LOS ANGELES HOUSING DEPARTMENT (LAHD)
CRA/LA-DLA Staff: David Riccitiello / Margarita De Escontrias
7. Speaker’s form must be filled out and submitted to the Secretary prior to the beginning of Public Comment. Each speaker is limited to 2 minutes unless a time extension is allowed. Members of the public may address any item of interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board.
CLOSED SESSION ITEMS
8. Conference with Labor Negotiators
(Section 54957.6 of the Govt. Code)
Bargaining Instructions - The affected employees are represented by the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME Nos. 164, 585, 1890 and 2204). The Board will meet in closed session to receive an update on the collective bargaining negotiations. Agency Designated Representatives: Christine Essel, David Riccitiello, Steve Valenzuela, Patricia Francisco, and Margarita De Escontrias